September 3, 2016

Happiness Diary #33

Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 





Saturday (8/27/16)





1) Photo: It wasn't the best day at the DP today. There was a super muddy playful(ly aggressive?) dog that kept wanting to wrestle with Zuzu and Brian was not happy about it and made us leave after five minutes. Party pooper. 
2) Noodles and Co. Buff Bowl. 
3) Brian and I went to Trader Joe's tonight and afterward we planned on going to Costco but we forgot they close at 6:00 on Saturdays. I didn't feel too dumb about it though because we were far from the only ones who thought they would be open as long as normal stores.
4) I am grateful for a day off from working out! 



Sunday
 



1) Photo: This dark chocolate from TJ's is surprisingly delicious, which is good because a pound+ of icky chocolate would be a lot to suffer through.
2) NA
3) The Walsh's (Walshes?) came over to use the pool which was great because it hasn't gotten much use recently. I didn't feel like swimming after work so I did an arm workout instead. Thrilling. 
4) I am grateful for having more than what I need.



Monday




1) Photo: Chillin on the deck with a massive bag of popped corn. 
2) I ate popcorn and nuts and pre-cooked spinach for dinner. This is what happens when we don't plan our meals. 
3) I had a little phone chat with my sister Britt today which was nice. In other news our newish neighbors across the street just put their house up for sale if anyone is interested! :) (Update: It sold in one day so never mind.)
4) I am grateful for warm late summer evenings. And grateful the misquotes aren't biting me up on the deck.  (Brian is not so lucky in the pool area.)



Tuesday




1) Photo: Family walk. Yes I edited Zuzu in, she was hiding. 
2) Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin
3) This afternoon I had to go to the dentist but afterward I went to a couple of stores to check out their summer sales. When I got back home Brian had some pork on the grill and it was delicious!
4) I am grateful for the courage to put myself out there and try new things. 



Wednesday




1) Photo by Beth: There was an employee picnic at work today and here are the contents of my lunch. :D
2) The ice cream in the ice cream sandwich.  Why can't all ice cream taste like that?
3) My LS and I made cookies again (see Friday photo), played a little Guesstures and took Zuzu for a walk today. We ended up spending over three hours together because her grandma was late in getting home but I got to hang out in her apartment complex parking lot and meet and talk to some of her friends and neighbors which was interesting. 
4) I am grateful my apartment living days are behind me.



Thursday




1) Photo: Me trying to film a NatureBox video. Kind of a fail. 
2) Crispy Coconut Squares
3) I regret not working out today but I did take Zuzu on a nice walk and I painted my nails so I wasn't a complete bum. I did find myself thinking I never have time to do everything I want to do in the day, but I just need to make a conscious effort to get stuff done because I have a lot more time than many other people and I should not take it for granted.  
4) I am grateful for eating lots of dried mangos instead of lots of skittles. 



Friday




1) Photo: The cookies my LS made on Wednesday.  There were 173 chocolate chips in each one. 
2) Leftover Butterfinger flurry
3) I had six things on my after work to do list (things that should get done most days) and I was super intentional and efficient and got them all done by 8:00.  Unfortunately making dinner was not on the list (where do people find the time? I probably need to dedicate an entire day to meal prepping and that is probably not going to happen) so I ate left over hard boiled eggs and canned sardines for dinner (which I'm totally fine with btw.  Sorry Brian). 
4) I am grateful I enjoy cheap food so Brian can get take out two times a day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment