September 24, 2016

Happiness Diary #36

Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 



Saturday (9/17/16)




1) Photo: Brian about to take the first bite of Loco Moco, a Hawaiian dish with rice, hamburger, egg and gravy.  He really liked it. 
2) Garlic shrimp
3) We had a super full day of naps and getting massages and eating and shopping and going to the block party and walking to the beach.  Brian also went to his conferment ceremony and got a lovely necklace.  Hawaii is pretty sweet though I'm still trying to get over this jet lag!
4) I am grateful for not fainting at the mall. 



Sunday




1) Photo: CPCU class of 2016
2) Escargot Brie pastry appetizer 
3) We swam in the ocean and it was WONDERFUL. 
4) I am grateful it is so windy here in Honolulu. It would be miserably hot walking around without the wind!


Monday




1) Photo: Paddle boards for my yoga class!
2) Island Nachos from Island Dining
3) Faith: "I think for me today is going to be a healthy eating day."
Brian: "Yeah, me too...except the opposite."
4) I am grateful I went to my yoga class today even if it wasn't quite what I was expecting. 



Tuesday




1) Photo: The names of the men who died on the U.S.S. Arizona. 
2) Snow Factory #23 (strawberry and lychee)
3) Today was Pearl Harbor day and it was fun though I was still dealing with some migraine pain. I'm really glad we made it out there though, it would have been a shame to miss such a historic landmark. 
4) I am grateful I am feeling better than yesterday and was able to do more than sleep. 



Wednesday




1) Photo: Hiking Diamond Head 
2) Coconut shrimp at Lulu's
3) We hiked Diamond Head today and though there were many tourists it was a beautiful view from the top.
4) I am grateful for my first vacation day of not taking any Advil or Tylenol! I'm actually feeling somewhat normal!




Thursday




1) Photo: Driving around Maui this evening. 
2) Almond croissant at Honolulu Coffee
3) We arrived in Maui today and caught our first sunset. I think we're going to love it here. 
4) I am grateful for a smooth flight to a new island. 



Friday




1) Photo: Brian and rooster in the CVS parking lot. 
2) Brian's French toast dipped in coconut sauce was really good this morning. 
3) We had an amazing time in Lahaina today hiking and swimming. It was definitely my favorite vacation day so far! 
4) I am grateful for a car that works and the freedom to go wherever we want on the island. 


No comments:

Post a Comment