January 19, 2016

Me Update!

It's been a while since I have updated you on my health/fitness journey. Happy to say I'm back, although I am no longer writing "health diary" posts or posting progress pictures anymore. Even though I was trying to lose weight in a gentle manner I realized in my heart I was still placing too much importance on losing weight for my physical appearance and that type of thinking is just not conducive to my goal of living a healthy and happy life. I'm sure I will always have a desire to be healthy and challenge my fitness but I'm currently trying to remember to focus on more meaningful reasons behind my efforts such as wanting:

to feel energized, strong and capable
to stay flexible and free of aches and pains
to be better able to handle the occasional stresses and anxieties of life
(Just to name a few.)

I am still working on having a healthy positive body image. I want to accept how I am every single moment of every single day. I want to be at peace with who I am regardless of the number on the scale or the lines on my face.  One book that is helping me change my mindset when it comes to how I view myself is Body Image Remix by Summer Innanen. It's refreshing to hear someone speak about how you can be happy with yourself without feeling the need to change your body. Another positive body image coach I follow is Maddy Moon.  Maddy has a great blog and podcast and speaks about ways you can improve the relationship between yourself, food and your body. If you are interested in learning more, check them out!

So like I said, the health diaries are no more, but in their place I will be sharing happiness diary posts.  Each day I will write about things that made me particularly happy including:

One thing I ate that was delicious
One thing that happened or I accomplished that made me feel good
One thing I was grateful for or that made me happy
And just for fun, a random photo of the day (don't be surprised if they are all of Zuzu, haha)

I may edit the list as time goes on but for now I think it's a good start and I am really looking forward to thinking and writing about these things each day. I should have the first post up by Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment