December 5, 2016

Happiness Diary #44

 
(I'm in catch up mode!)
 
Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 



 
Saturday (11/19/20)


 
1) Photo: Celebrating the first snow with a fire and my new birthday PJs from Brian. 
2) Sweet potato fries
3) I was able to see much of the beautiful first snow of the season while walking at work which I loved. After work I went home and ate a dinner of sweet potato fries and chocolate and watched Crimson Peak. :)
4) I am grateful for cozy evenings.

 

Sunday

 


1) Photo: Chasing friends at the dp. 
2) Gaucho salad. I now know the correct spelling.
3) I had a slightly busier day at work than yesterday and also Beth stopped by which was nice. In other news Brian and I went to see Arrival and while it was entertaining it didn't quite live up to my expectations.
4) I am grateful for the luxury of going to the movies.




Monday

 
1) Photo: Everybody's favorite place to be, the DMV.
2) Breadless tuna melt
3) Brian and I now own a 2005 Honda CRV which is definitely an upgrade from the Buick. I had a lovely day off today and most enjoyed hiking with Tessa and Z. 
4) I'm grateful Heidi came with to the SOS to help with the title transfer and deal with an small unforeseen issue. 


Tuesday
 

 
1) Photo: I bought four rambutans from D&W. They were tasty but expensive and a little weird. 
2) NA
3) I didn't do a ton today except work out and tidy and prep the cookies for tomorrow.
4) I am grateful for fluffy dry towels. 


 
Wednesday
 
 

 
1) Photo: Our decorated sugar cookies 
2) NA
3) LS and I tried out my new maple leaf cookie cutters tonight. I think it was LS's first time rolling out dough haha. It was fun decorating the cookies but I realized later my powdered sugar must have been old because the icing tasted terrible. Oh well , they were still semi-edible.
4) I am grateful LS played with Zuzu today because it was too rainy for a walk. 




Thursday
 
 
1) Photo: Thanksgiving day hike at Peace Park
2) We should have cooked a small turkey but instead we had crockpot beef and onion stew. 
3) This lovely non-traditional Thanksgiving day consisted of a long hike, a workout, some football watching, baking lemon bars, packing for WI and shopping at the outlet mall. :D
4) I am thankful for all of my family and friends and am grateful that even if it's just the two of us, it can still be a festive fun time with Brian. 

 



Friday
 
 
1) Photo: I made Zuzu a pillow perch for the drive.  It was a hit.
2) McDonalds Egg McMuffin
3) After work, Brian and I headed to Waukesha for Thanksgiving weekend with (most of) the family. Brian had tired out Zuzu during the day so she was the perfect little traveler.
4) I am grateful I was able to leave work a little bit early today!



No comments:

Post a Comment