December 31, 2016

Happiness Diary #49

Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 



Saturday (12/24/16)
 
 
 
1) Photo: Our new neighbors brought over some cookies (which were very tasty and lasted 2.2 seconds) and their super cute dog Charlie's photo from Family Friends. I regret not getting Zuzu's picture taken this year!
2) Cookies (above) and caramels from my parents Christmas package. 
3) After work and exchanging a little gift with the neighbors, Brian and I opened our Christmas presents and then made a quick trip to Target for some non-necessities and some dinner.  Happy Christmas Eve! Sending extra love to my bedridden sister in Minneapolis. 
4) I am grateful that everything will always be okay in the end. 

Sunday
 
 
1) Photo: Brian playing 'Pass the Pigs' with Laney on the left and Zuzu hoping for Heidi handouts on the right. 
2) Mashed sweet potato/turnip/parsnip dish 
3) Merry Christmas! After my slow day at work I headed to Lake Odessa for Christmas with the family.  Everyone was in a bit of a Christmas stupor but it was still a good time and we had a lovely dinner.
4) I am grateful for safe roads this holiday season.


Monday



1) Photo: Queen Laney opening her birthday gifts. 
2) Birthday cake
3) I was a little frazzled from working seven days in a row but was still able to get in a workout (might have been a bad idea) and have fun at the dance party (ha) birthday. 
4) I'm grateful I was able to celebrate Laney's seventh birthday with the family. 


Tuesday
 

 
1) Video: Snap story
2) Too many 'poor me' sweets
3) I became an aunt again exactly four weeks after my last little niece was born!
4) I am so grateful that even though little Aiden came early everyone is doing well!


Wednesday
 
 
1) Photo: Going to swing on the frozen swing set.
2) Caramel and pretzels
3) I picked up my Little today and we played games with Brian and took Zuzu to the park and came home and had hot chocolate.
4) I am grateful my back isn't worse today. 


Thursday
 
 
1) Photo: Overcooked but edible first attempt with my new pressure cooker! Tomorrow I'm trying black beans. 
2) Chocolate covered almonds
3) I finished a little project I needed to get done (work related) and did a cautious workout. I'm can't wait until I'm at 100% again!
4) I'm grateful for always having everything I ever really need.


Friday
 
 
1) Photo: Unfortunately the only picture I took today. I was planning on taking a picture of the Christmas tree or people at the Christmas party but totally forgot! :-\
2) All the Christmas cookies
3) I had a productive day today making egg casserole, black beans in the pressure cooker, and double chocolate chip cookies (from a cookie mix). I also worked out and took a 50 minute nap and walked Zuzu and went to the Reed family Christmas party at Aunt Ginny and Uncle Bob's. Whew.
4) I am grateful for the loving people who make up our extended family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment