December 10, 2016

Happiness Diary #46

Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 



Saturday (12/3/16)


 
1) Photo: Saturday play time 
2) NA
3) I didn't do much today, I suppose I was just trying to get the most relaxation out of my last two days off.  Brian and his tennis buddies were planning on bowling tonight but I decided to stay home which was definitely a good thing because he didn't get back until after 1am!
4) I am grateful for being totally okay with being a hermit (today anyway). :)


Sunday

 
1) Photo: Our Christmas tree didn't fit in our tree stand so Brian had to run out and get this heavy duty one. He likes it. A LOT. 
2) Appetizer night!
3) Brian and I killed our long errand list which included making stops at eight different places, buying things and returning things, etc.  The last stop was getting our Christmas tree!  I wanted to cut down our own this year but time was running out so we just picked one up from down the road.  Maybe next year.
4) I am grateful for buying our tree and getting it decorated all in one night as opposed to last year when it sat in our living room naked for at least a week. 



Monday



1) Photo: Running with the dog across the fence. 
2) NA
3) After a nice day at work I came home and brought Z to the dp, worked out and made healthy breakfast egg casserole.
4) I am grateful for having showers that make it easy to rinse off a muddy pup. 



Tuesday

 
1) Photo: LS and I coloring and waiting for the gifts to be wrapped.
2) NA
3) Tonight was the Grand Rapids Jaycees shopping event at Meijer. I signed up my Little because I thought it would be fun for her to be able to buy some Christmas presents for her family. She had $40 to work with and was able to buy something for six of her family members. Picking out gifts was fun though waiting for them to be wrapped while sitting in the "Party Room" for over half an hour (think small break area with tons of kids yelling and running around and creepy Santa in the corner) was not so fun.  It was worth it though and I'd probably do it again next year. 
4) I am grateful for being a part of my Little's Christmas preparations. 



Wednesday

 
1) Photo: Beth and me running!  (It's a challenge to snap a decent photo while running btw, you should have seen the other ones, I had like five chins as opposed to my usual two.)
2) Qdoba catered lunch and cookies at work today!
3) I felt pretty good our little run today and when I got home I was on an endorphin high!  It's so nice to get my workout done before getting home!  I also ordered a Christmas gift for my little from Shutterfly which took me the entire night to put together, but hopefully she likes it!
4) I am grateful for my warm coat on our run. ;)



Thursday


1) Photo: My borrowed Jiu Jitzu Gi
2) NA
3) Brian and I have been talking about trying out Brazilian Jiu Jitzu for a while and tonight we finally went to our first class. It was definitely intimidating (there was one other girl but she had the second highest belt of the class) and it will take me a while to get used to the customs (like shaking everyone's hand before practice and bowing every time we leave or enter the padded practice room) but I think it could be a fun thing for Brian and me to do together.  Next Monday we are going to try the MMA fitness class before we decide which membership we want to go with. Trying new things is good, right? :)
4) I am grateful for not falling down or running into the wall (much) while running backwards during warm ups today. 



Friday

 
1) Photo: Thai fried (cauliflower) rice.
2) Strawberry fruit strip
3) It was my day off and I am happy to say I made the most of it and got stuff done (and with minimal sugar!). The best thing I did (with Brian's help) was figuring out how to get the sensor to work on our new touch-less kitchen faucet (the plumber had a wire plugged into the wrong part).
4) I am grateful for Trader Joe's riced cauliflower.  I've tried making my own before and it's so messy! I'm also thankful for our Christmas gift from Brian's parents, the plumber visit!




No comments:

Post a Comment