May 21, 2016

Happiness Diary #18

Alright, I'm switching up the layout for these posts so they look better on multiple devices. In case you were wondering.
 
 
Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy




Saturday (5/14/16)
 

1) Photo:  A couple of forced smiles and a Zuzu. Also my hair is seven inches shorter! (Full disclosure; this photo is from yesterday, as I didn't take any pictures today.)
2) Brian and I realized we didn't have any fun munchies in the house (he's cramming for an exam so these things are kind of important) so we went to D&W and spent over $100 on ice cream and chips and chocolate covered almonds among many other things. (It was Brian's fault it was so expensive, he didn't weigh the almonds and ended up getting almost three pounds of the things.) Anyway, out of all the goodies I'd say my favorite thing I ate was... mushroom pizza. Which was bought a few days ago from Trader Joes so now I'm not sure why I had to tell the whole D&W story.
3) Today was a very lazy day after I got home from work and I didn't accomplish anything but shopping for goodies and eating them under an electric blanket. Apparently the calcium supplements aren't the magic pills I thought they were. 
4) I am grateful for very few obligations in life right now. 




Sunday 
 

1) Photo: I took over 10K steps at work! 
2) Kimchi!
3) After work even though I felt like having a repeat lazy day I still went on a walk and took Z to the DP (fun dogs there today!) and ran some hills. I went to bed at 8:00 guilt free. 
4) I greatly appreciate my weekend work days away from the main lab but I also greatly appreciate when they are over!




Monday
 

1) Photo: Wrestling/de-fluffing the elephant. 
2) All the candy!!
3) I managed to do the workout I was planning on even though I was not feeling it at all. I suppose that's a win. 
4) I am very grateful for my day off tomorrow. 




Tuesday
 

1) Photo: Brian and I inherited a house plant from his sister Gretchen. Apparently she wasn't really planning on getting rid of it but let us take it anyway. She knows where we live in case she ever wants it back.
2) My Amy's frozen burrito from Costco was quite good. 
3) I had the day off today and did some painting, took a nap and went to Lowes. Oh, and got the plant which I am thrilled about. We need some green life around here. 
4) I love free stuff. Probably because I was an orphan. <--My excuse for everything, haha! 




Wednesday
  

1) Photo: A couple of snaps from the "free" appreciation breakfast I was asked to attend (Thursday, actually).  It wasn't completely free because I had to pay for parking but at least it was something different and the fruit was delicious and I appreciated being away from work. 
2) The banana with crunchy peanut butter I had for snack was filling and tasty.
3) I got through work even though I felt miserable all day!!
4) I'm grateful Brian was able to remove the broken pool pump without getting electrocuted. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time our pool is scheduled to open. 




Thursday
 

1) Photo: LS and I took pictures of each other sitting on the bronze statue in the library. 
2) The curly fries at dinner were too good. 
3) LS and I spent some time at the library and then went out for dinner at Leo's Coney Island. It wasn't the most exciting get together but I have some fun ideas for future meet ups so I'm not too worried. 
4) I am grateful for clean laundry that is folded and put away. 




Friday
  

1) Photo: I love the messages and pictures Brian sends me while I'm at work. This one is Zuzu being disturbed with photo-taking while sleeping on Brian's lap in the office. P.S. I was so sad the groomer cut off her lovely long eyelashes. Now she looks like a dude.
2) NA
3) I haven't worked out in about three days (which is highly unusual) but I might take another day off or just do yoga.  I've decided if I'm dreading working out, and not just feeling lazy, I'm not going to do it.  Life is too short for this nonsense! 
4) I am grateful this week is over. I felt kind of crappy and out of sorts and even though the Happiness Diary was a bit of a struggle, I'm glad I still documented my days and managed to find something for number 4 every day.  Not that it was even that hard, there is always something to be grateful for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment