July 6, 2016

Mail Goodies


A while back (quite a while ago actually, I forgot to post this!), I received a 10% off coupon for being a Sephora Beauty insider (Sephora's lowest ranking beauty club) and decided it was the perfect time to place an order. Here is what I purchased:




Sephora PRO Featherweight Powder Brush

This was the item I was most looking forward to. I have been wanting a powder brush ever since purchasing the Laura Mercier powder in this haul because the only brush I had to use with it was a flat top kabuki-not ideal for loose powder if you ask me. I chose this one because the size and price seemed right. So far I love it, it's super soft and works very well for lightly setting my makeup and it feels luxurious on my skin.


L'Occitane hand cream in the Lavender scent.

I bought the hand cream to use at night when my hands are feeling dry and tight. The lotion I've been using recently has such an overpowering scent I have to sleep with my hands wrapped up in the blankets or I will get a headache. I love the scent of lavender and it is supposed to be relaxing so I thought this hand cream would be perfect. It smells lovely at first though after a few minutes it takes on a bit of a powdery scent, but it isn't very strong and so I will continue to use it. I'm on the lookout for a true lavender scented hand lotion.


A Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Lipgloss in Sugar Sugar


The lipgloss was kind of an impulse purchase because I heard someone rave about it on YouTube just before I placed my Sephora order. Unfortunately it was too light for my lips and made them look frosty-not the kind of look I'm trying to achieve. I debated returning the gloss and getting my money back because spending $28 on a lipgloss is a little ridiculous. However, I don't buy makeup very often anymore and it's fun to own something a little upscale now and then. Also, I have gotten very good with using lip glosses until they are completely empty, something I never did in the past because I had so many of them. So instead of getting my money back, I went to Sephora and exchanged 'Sugar Sugar' for 'Pretty Thing' which is a shade darker. And it is lovely.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment