February 4, 2016

Mail goodies: Sephora

I


I was pretty excited to receive my package from Sephora about a week ago. It's been quite a while since I have bought anything from Sephora. I used to be obsessed with makeup and would frequently buy new products but lately I've been trying to cut back on my purchases and use and keep only the things I love. This Sephora spree (well, I only bought two items) was a Christmas gift from Brian. I usually get some kind of shopping experience for holidays or birthdays which I love because it's a great excuse to buy something I've really been wanting for a while.

It's always nice to shop in store at Sephora and try out products before buying them, but shopping on their website is also fun because you get free samples and can usually find codes for extra goodies. I received a load of samples with my Sephora order:



 
I also received a deluxe sample of bareMinerals Skinlongevity serum (which I bought with 100 of my Sephora reward points) along with my main purchases:




 
Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade
I used it before I took pics! I'm so not a beauty blogger.

 
I have used Anastasia brow powders for a long time and liked them but I wanted to try something new and more long lasting. It took me a long time to decide which shade to buy because I wasn't sure if I should get the Ebony shade which is slightly more brown or Granite, which is a true black. I know the rule is if your eyebrows are dark you should go a couple of shades lighter, so I chose Ebony but with reservations! 
 
First impressions after a few days of use: While the Ebony is definitely warmer toned and lighter than my eyebrows, it looks okay if I blend it through my entire brow because it somewhat matches my hair which has some brown tones. If I wanted to draw individual hairs I think I would want the jet black Granite but I really don't have time for that precision every morning so I'm sticking with the Ebony.



Laura Mercier loose setting powder:


I have heard so many great things about this powder and it's been on my wish list for quite a while. I love using a powder to set my foundation (and mattify my bare skin) and help create a smooth canvas for application of my blush or bronzer. I heard this one is also good with controlling oily skin, something I need especially for my t-zone area.

First impressions after a few days of use: I like! The powder is super smooth and doesn't seem to cake in my fine lines. I love using it with a small soft brush for my undereye area but I really need to find a better powder brush for my face, maybe in the next haul!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment