October 2, 2016

Happiness Diary #37

Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 





Saturday (9/24/16)




1) Photo: The first turtle I saw today. So incredible. 
2) Pineapple at breakfast
3) Today was our big snorkeling day. We had a blast and I didn't get seasick!
4) I am grateful for clear waters and perfect snorkeling weather. 



Sunday




1) Photo: Frolicking in the forest. 
2) NA (On vacation? For shame...maybe the McDonald's parfait?)
3) We survived the Road to Hana (and beyond) enough said!
4) I'm grateful that huge tour bus didn't push us off the cliff. 




Monday




1) Photo: Peacocks in the road made Brian accidentally miss McDonald's this morning. 
2) My amazing salad at Bubba Gumps. 
3) Brian and I tried surfing for the first time today, it was fun!
4) I am grateful for not making a complete fool of myself on the surfboard (though I did fall a lot.)



Tuesday



1) Photo: We ate one of these today! We got it in a random shop on our way to Hana and it wasn't very sweet or expensive so I'm not sure if it was a legit Maui Gold...
2) Koiso sushi!
3) Out last full day of vacation consisted of beach, shopping and amazing dinner. A wonderful end to our stay in Hawaii. 
4) I am grateful for not getting sick from sushi. That might have made traveling slightly worse. 




Wednesday





1) Video: Snapchat from our travel day. 
2) Nalu's garlic potatoes
3) We left Maui today! I was dreading the travel back. We had three flights to catch and the four hour red eye to Chicago was not fun because I didn't get to sit next to Brian and was next to a guy who was eating snacks and drinking beer and burping. 
4) I'm grateful for the tiny amount of sleep I did manage to get on two of our flights. 



Thursday



1) Photo: Zuzu had lots of extra tail wags for us when we got home!  (She was excited to see John too, haha. She had a fun vacation with the grandparents.)
2) NA
3) We made it home! Today was a weird day because it felt like we woke up on Wednesday morning and went to bed on Thursday night. I was able to stay up all day after we arrived in cold and rainy GR. I worked out, unpacked everything and took Z for a walk before going to bed around 6:00. Yes!
4) I am grateful all of our flights were on time and I'm so happy to be home!!!


Friday



1) Photo: Fireplace mantle decorating in progress.
2) Farmhouse salad from Potbelly
3) Brian and I did tons of errands today and also bought some home decor for our mantle. I was sad Target didn't have the small mirrors I wanted to put on both sides of the big mirror, but we will work with what we have.
4) I am grateful for a few days off before going back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment