June 29, 2016

Fitz and the Tantrums Concert

 
On Sunday night, Brian and I went to our first concert at Frederik Meijer Gardens. Our friends Beth and Nick have passes to the gardens and when they asked if we wanted to see Fitz and the Tantrums with them we said yes!  I had never heard of the band but I listened to a few of their albums before the concert and thought they would be fun to hear live, especially at a venue as cool as the Meijer Garden Amphitheatre where people sit outside in lawn chairs and eat and drink to their hearts' content.

 
 




The line to get into the concert was pretty long when we arrived at 5:30 even though the concert didn't start until seven, but we were still able to find a great spot to claim.  We brought wraps and subs and I brought some sweet snacks to share and Beth brought some salty and it was all delicious. The weather was almost perfect for an outdoor summer concert, maybe a little too warm at times but I was just happy it didn't rain! 

 



The concert was really good, even better than I expected. The vibe of the venue was very chill and both the opening act and Fitz and the Tantrums sounded great. We all had a blast and I will definitely try to make it to another concert next year, even if we have to ask my in-laws to get us tickets!




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment