June 25, 2016

Happiness Diary #23



Every day I share:


1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy. 



 
Saturday (6/18/16)
 
 


1) Photo: Action shot of Shea at his birthday party!
2) I loved the turkey burger I had for dinner but there were a lot of good snacks and food around all day. 
3)  Today was all about prepping for Shea's party with his friends, having Shea's friend party and then going to Caledonia to have the family party. The pool party went really well and I had fun helping out but it was a full day and we were all pretty tired out by the end of the night!
4) I am grateful we had the perfect weather for a pool party though it was probably too warm for people who didn't go in the pool seeing as we only have one umbrella...



Sunday
 
 


1) Photo: Breakfast du jour. 
2) Brian and I went shopping today and bought marinated chicken to grill but by the end of the day we felt like it was too late to grill/we were lazy so we got pizza instead and the breadsticks were SO GOOD though not very filling.
3) Today was a pretty good Sunday.  I did an awesome twenty minute meditation this morning and then went hiking with Brian and Zuzu. Afterwards I worked out and swam in the pool for the first time this summer-FINALLY! Gretchen, Jamie and the kids came over again to swim and though maintaining a pool can be a pain, it is pretty great because we see our families so much more!
4) It's Father's Day and I am grateful for all the fathers in the world, especially my own!




Monday


 


1) Photo: This was taken Saturday after the party. So much for never using the bar area! 
2) We made dinner tonight!! Brian grilled the marinated chicken and I roasted asparagus and fingerling potatoes. I could eat this every single night this summer.  
3) Brian and I played tennis after work (but I forgot to take a picture so I had to use a "stock" photo) and it was fun and I got a good sweat. 
4) I am happy Brian likes playing tennis with me even though I mostly suck. 



Tuesday
 
 


1) Photo: I was about to go to bed and realized I didn't take a photo again today and I am currently on the floor with Zusu so here we are. 
2) I had my pizza spaghetti squash pie for lunch (I made it for the first time yesterday) and it was really good. Next time I make it I am going to use turkey to be healthier but I didn't hate the Italian sausage. 
3) It was a typical summer day of working out, swimming and eating a random dinner standing up in the kitchen. I wanted to go to bed at 7 but toughed it out until 830!I
4) I am grateful I was in the backyard when Zuzu got loose from her tie out cable this afternoon because the first thing she did was run to the backyard to see if her doggy neighbors were outside and I was able to grab her.  Whew!



Wednesday 


.
 

1) Photo: Zuzu in the shade. 
2) NA but I ate dinner super early so I can go running tomorrow morning!
3) Nothing amazing to report today except I have been loving listening to Trevor Hall's Chapter of the Forest album while doing my yoga video. It's so much nicer to focus on the music in tough poses rather than hear the instructor drone on and on. 
4) I am grateful for having things to be grateful for. Ok that's a cop out I just can't think of anything at the moment besides the usual.  I'm grateful for pens!   (ugh, this is harder than it looks sometimes.)




Thursday

 
 


1) Video: My first Snapchat story!
2) Australian licorice is hands down the best licorice ever. Today I had strawberry, mango and green apple. 
3) Today was a lovely day off. I didn't get much done around the house but I did work out, wash some clothes, take Zuzu for a walk, go to the library, go grocery shopping, take Z to the DP and the pet store, prep my spaghetti squash for this recipe and boil some eggs for breakfasts. I should have folded all the clothes, organized something and painted but oh well. Life goes on.
4) I am grateful for not being a worry wart when Brian is gone for the night though I do make sure to lock all the doors!



Friday

 

 

1) Photo: My Fitbit work week challenge. I've been next to last all week long so finishing in the middle of the pack is alright by me!
2) I made the noodle bowl (from yesterday's post) which did not turn out like the pictures but it was still pretty tasty.
3) Picking a zillion tiny burrs out of Zuzu's fur on the shower floor while she is crying and crying was not how I pictured spending my evening but at least she is burr free and clean now. If it happens again I will definitely be the one who is crying and crying.
4) I am grateful for being a first shift worker today though I really felt for those second shifters!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment