March 6, 2016

Happiness Diary #7

Another week has gone by!

Every day I share:
 
1) A random photo of the day
2) Something I ate that was delicious
3) A meaningful event that happened or a task I was happy to accomplish
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy



 Saturday (2/27/16)

 

1) Photo: Boyd, my favorite Vizsla
2) Sara's baked ziti was delish and better than any I have ever made. I must learn her ways. 
3) We made tentative plans for a game night with Brian's family next Sunday. I don't think we've ever had one before. Should be fun!
4) I am grateful for anyone who is willing to dogsit Zuzu! She can be a handful!











Sunday



1) Photo: Tessa, me and Tiffany at Frederik Meijer Garden.
2) The three of us had Indian food for lunch and it was SO flavorful and delicious! I need to eat Indian food more often. 

3) I had such a good time at Meijer gardens. It was busy but it was still fun and the gardens outside were so pretty and peaceful.
4) I am grateful for new experiences with friends. 

 
 

 
 




Monday
 
 
1) Photo: Shopping at Costco
2) I was so hungry after work I skipped half of my yoga video to eat some eggs on toast and it totally hit the spot. 3) Even though I was feeling tired (I woke up at 4:30 today) I still walked Zuzu and worked out and went grocery shopping at Costco and D&W and afterward put everything away and cleaned the kitchen and I was still able to be in bed at 8. 😄
4) I am grateful for food in the fridge!










 
Tuesday


1) Photo: We caught the odometer on our Subaru at 130,000 miles! I hope it's alive for another 130K more. Ha. 
2) Brian insisted on buying a big bag of dark chocolate covered almonds from Costco and we tried them today and luckily for us (though maybe not our bellies) we love them. It's always a risk when you buy things in bulk at Costco when you've never tried them before.
3) We shoveled tonight, probably the deepest snow we've had so far and hopefully the last of the season! I actually enjoy shoveling but I kind of tweaked my knee and Brian's back gets really tight so we might be investing in a snow blower next year...apparently we are getting too old for this.
4) I am grateful that as much as I like shoveling I never have to do the entire driveway by myself! 



Wednesday
 
 
1) Photo: Birthday balloons for Beth!
2) I haven't had Quest bars in a while but I bought two boxes and ate a cookies and cream bar this morning. How I've missed thee. 
3) I made my friend and coworker Beth a little candy bag with her favorite candies for her birthday and another coworker bought her birthday balloons. It's nice to have coworkers you care about and coworkers who care about others!
4) I am grateful for being able to say yes to an opportunity that would scare me in the past but I now know doing what scares me makes me stronger. More on this later.












Thursday 


1) Photo: Playing Zuzu in the middle. She loves chasing her toy as we throw it back and forth and it really tires her out which is great. We probably do this at least five times a week.
2) I am trying to go a few days with minimal sugar because I've been feeling sluggish and blah lately and I always feel more clear headed when I cut back on the sweets. It's ok though because I can still eat delicious things like cucumber and brie sandwiches!
3) I am beginning to realize when there is something new in my life or I have a new idea about something I am bound to lose a few hours of sleep over it. I would like for this not to happen but for now I am just trying to just accept it and let it go.
4) I am so happy it is Friday tomorrow and I only have to work a few hours in the afternoon, score!





Friday
 
 
1) Photo: So much for the low sugar plan.
2) Every single meal I ate were leftovers! Egg and veggies, taco/quinoa salad and my favorite: shrimp and farro stir fry. Way to cook this week, me!
3) I worked 230-830 today and while it was not fun working late on a Friday night, (especially when I was hoping to get out around six) my morning was productive and enjoyable and now it's the weekend!!
4) I am grateful for events that keep life from getting too monotonous.


No comments:

Post a Comment