September 20, 2016

Hawaii Day Three *Ala Moana Beach and Ocean House*

Sunday, September 18th 2016


I woke up too early again this morning but was able to just chill in bed and work on my laptop while Brian went to his conference. A low key morning was just what I needed.

Around eleven Brian came back and we went to get lunch from Hokkaido Ramen Santouka. We have never had authentic Japanese ramen before and both really enjoyed our dishes.

Dumpling appetizer

This was the smallest bowl

After lunch we walked to Ala Moana Beach. It was a perfect beach day, so hot and sunny!  We swam in the ocean and laid out until we felt roasted and ready to leave. I was glad to check out the area because I am coming back tomorrow for my SUP yoga class and now I know exactly where to go.  I'm still nervous though!




We had plans for dinner at the Ocean House which is a nice restaurant right along the beach in Waikiki.  Brian made reservations a couple of weeks ago because the guidebooks said to book early and request an ocean side table.  When Brian called they said they couldn't guarantee a table by the ocean but when we arrived, there it was!  


FYI The cart directly in front didn't bother us because we were each angled toward ocean views. 

Our server was so nice and took a lot of pictures of us, even bringing us outside of the restaurant so he could get Diamond Head in the background. Way to go above and beyond! I forgive him for accidentally punching me in the arm while taking a group photo with the table next to us. 

Diamond Head 

Dinner was amazing. We went for the escargot in puff pastry appetizer which had mushroom garlic butter sauce and melted brie, so decadent.




Brian had the prime rib special with asparagus and I had the vegetable quinoa dish (real quinoa this time!) both of which were done to perfection.  



Doesn't look that big but I ate it all and I was TOO FULL

I was too full for dessert but we wanted to stay to watch the sun go down since we had front(ish) row seats, so I settled for a little bit of açaí sorbet.


Dessert

Lovely little sunset, the people on the pier had the real front row seats.

We walked home and I immediately went to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment