February 6, 2016

Happiness Diary #3

Welcome to another week!
Every day I share:

1) A random photo of the day
2) 
Something I ate that was delicious
3) An event that happened or task I accomplished 
4) Something I was grateful for or that made me happy
 


 Saturday (1/30/16)

1) Photo: The things I have to watch on Saturday nights. :) MMA is not my thing, luckily I have my phone to distract me.
2) The batch of apples I bought recently (photo in previous diary) have been delicious! Gala apples are sometimes a hit or miss and I'm glad this time they are crispy, flavorful and sweet. 
3) I finished working an entire 40 hour week today without using any PTO. It can be hard not to leave early some days so I'm always happy to have an entire work week under my belt. I need to save PTO for fun things!
4) I am grateful for alone time.  Brian works from home which is great and I love having him around but I do relish having the house to myself sometimes.
 

Sunday

1) Photo: Terrible lighting but this is the painting I am currently working on. I love being creative but I am not very talented so I usually stick with abstract art.
2) I loved eating my crockpot cashew chicken with veggies tonight, not really because it tasted the greatest but because:
3) Making a new recipe always feels like an accomplishment.
4) I am grateful for working my last weekend at the hospital. My weekends from now on will be at an office closer to where I live and I will be working alone. I'm looking forward to being on my own though I'm sure there will be a few disadvantages!

Monday

1) Photo: I am currently reading Daring Greatly by Brené Brown and I love this page. 
2) I ate a ton of candy today which was super delicious but also made me feel tired and achy. Never again!  (Yeah, right.)
3) I organized our pantry and went on a walk with Brian and Zuzu and that was pretty much the extent of my productivity today.
4) I am grateful for lazy days and try not to take them for granted or feel guilty about them. 
 






Tuesday

1) Photo: Getting ready for the day! I can't remember the last time I woke up and it was somewhat light outside. I woke up at 525 so it was super dark. 
2) My green tea (with loads of honey) was the best. 
3) I trained a student today. I don't love training but the more experience the better and I'm always happy and feel accomplished when the day is over.
4) I am grateful for sunny winter days. They are so beautiful and welcome. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wednesday
 
1) Photo: Brian was under the weather today and had to take half the day off work. :( Luckily he was still able to entertain Z. 
2) I had a cookie at work today, I just couldn't resist and I loved every bite.  :)
3) I got home from work early and got in a workout, folded laundry and tidied up the house. It's always a nice feeling to have everything in order.
4) I am grateful for having lots of energy for my workout today. Sometimes I start working out but call it quits after a few minutes because I'm just not feeling it, but today was not one of those days! 


 
 
Thursday
 
1) Photo: The bean soup I made for dinner.  It was very good except for the pieces of ham which I've been trying to remove because they turned dark brown and taste kind of nasty.
2) A pathologist at work bought everyone pizza today and it seriously hit the spot. Could have eaten four slices instead of my two but wanted to save enough for everyone else. :)
3) I feel like I haven't accomplished much today but at least I hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit which doesn't happen as much as it should!
4) I am grateful for sleep. One of my true loves. 




Friday
 
1) Here are some of the temptations available at work every so often. I'd say I partake in a treat about 50% of the time.  
2) Chobani Chocolate Haze Craze yogurt is so good it's like a dessert. I ate one at break today, yumm.
3) Brian and I haven't been grocery shopping in quite a while and since he was feeling better we decided to hit up Costco tonight. I love having food in our house!
4) I'm so happy it's Friday!!! I do have to work tomorrow but only for a few hours in the morning and then vacation can start! 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment